See Membership for rules on Membership of Ross Rowing Club
Note that it is not always safe to row even when the river level is deemed acceptable according to the colour marked steps, other considerations should also be considered ie water flow rate, wind and direction.
Every crew should always make a Risk Assessment taking account of the current weather (temps, wind, rain) and river conditions and any likely changes in the foreseeable future, of the competence of their actual crew and of the size/stability of the boat to decide whether or not to proceed with their intended outing. If in doubt don’t go out.
Floating debris (that is of a quantity and size likely to cause boat damage or influence a capsize) on a rising river indicates that the situation is worsening and River Condition D restrictions “No Rowing” apply.
1. Under guidance (coaching launch in attendance)
2. In the interests of safety only high performance juniors shall go downstream more than 20 metres beyond the Club Steps
3. Restricted river usage: when the water is below the bottom yellow step boats must not go upstream further than the telephone wires at the top of the regatta straight –for more info refer to the RRC Low Water Rules
4. Restricted river usage to apply each year for the period 1 November to 1 Mar. When there is no safety launch positioned between the Wall and Backney Bridge, no junior cox shall go upstream further than the telephone wires at the top of the regatta straight. No junior cox shall remain upstream of the telephone wires at the top of the regatta straight when there is no safety launch positioned between the Wall and Backney Bridge.
5. Only if River is not rising and has little or no debris
6. Only if white light fixed to bow & red light fixed to stern and bow wears high visibility jacket/waistcoat
7. J13 and Younger coxed quads only
8. No J13 or younger, J14/15 in 4x+, 4+, 4x & 8+ (i.e. Big Boats), J16 & Older – any boat
9. Mist/Fog –At times when visibility is reduced due to mist or fog the following shall apply:
a. Only coxed boats are permitted
b. All boats must have a high intensity LED flashing light facing the bow and a high intensity LED flashing light facing the stern
c. If visibility is less that 400m i.e. cannot see the A40 Bridge, then a small group (up to 3) of boats may row together within visible distance of each other and always in same direction, they must stop and regroup if visibility is lost, all boat captains/cox must come to clear understanding on how to proceed. ‘Boats on Water’ must be entered in the boat booking register by the Boat Captain or Coach, if three boats are already out on water then wait until crews return to club before going out.
d. If visibility is less that 200m then only 2 coxed boats are permitted on the river with at least one coaching boat in attendance. Crews must agree to use different stretches of the river i.e. Wilton to Wires upstream of Regatta course & Wall to Backney Bridge. The boat using the Backney stretch will only progress onto the Regatta course at caution.
No motor or other equipment shall be used on any Club boat, which has not been modified or constructed or allocated by the Committee for that Purpose.
The Committee has the power to make a charge for keelage upon boats kept by members upon Club Premises, but accept no responsibility for the safety of such boats under any circumstances.
(Made by Committee)
August 19, 20182018 Ross Regatta Entries Now Open
July 16, 20182017 Regatta results published
September 5, 2017Sunday Curry Night now open for Business
August 23, 2017Ross Masters & Junior and Ross Regatta Draws are published
August 21, 2017Entries are invited…
August 4, 20172017 Regatta – Entries Open
July 19, 2017Henley Club Trip 2017 – waiting list only
April 27, 2017Time to renew your membership
March 21, 2017Election for ladies captain
March 7, 2017Rowing Championships – 12 March 2017
March 6, 2017Six wins for junior scullers
March 2, 2017Senior Squad Awards & Christmas Party 16th December
November 22, 2016Busy Weekend on and off the Water
November 17, 2016Stourport Win for Geraldine
November 10, 2016See you at the AGM & Sparkle News
October 6, 2016May your Friday sparkle!
September 22, 2016Richard Jennison wins Novices at Ross Regatta 2016 …then Rows Great Ouse Marathon
September 8, 2016Ross Regatta 2016… Success
September 1, 2016Getting Ready for Our Regatta
August 18, 2016Ross Regatta is Back
July 12, 2016Club Celebrates Successful Henley
June 30, 2016Ross Crews shine at Regional
April 28, 2016Regatta Reports
July 16, 2015Congratulations Morgan
June 5, 2015