Our group courses run through spring and summer. If you are interested, please contact us via the email address below to join our waiting list
Learn to Row courses take place on Saturday and Sunday mornings 10.00-12.00 and sometimes on Friday evenings (subject to numbers and coach availability) over a six week period.
Our volunteer coaching team endeavour to make your rowing experience both instructive, fun and engaging with the help and support of members of the club.
Recreational boats will be used which are more stable and are designed to ensure that you learn the correct rowing technique, before you move into the finer racing shells.
The outcomes of the Learn to Row are:
• A working knowledge of the sport, both on the water and off
• An understanding of safe rowing procedures, boat and equipment handling
• An understanding of the basic rowing technique
• The ability to row and or scull with others (and on your own!)
• Knowledge of Ross Rowing Club
• Temporary membership of the Club and progression to a rowing squad, if desired
• A great time and lots of fun, we even practice capsizing !
(Pictured: Women’s Novice Coxed Quad) >> UPDATE – THESE SCULLERS WON EVENTS ONLY 1 YEAR AFTER THEIR LEARN TO ROW COURSE
The cost is £99 for the course.
If would like a free taster session please contact us.
WHY DON’T YOU JOIN US?
We welcome everyone, as long as you are over 18, (age 12 – 17 welcome in our Junior Section) and able to climb up and down steep river banks (while our step are repaired) helping to carry a boat! (If you have a medical condition you should firstly obtain your doctors advice) and not be afraid of water (ie be able to tread water and swim for 50m in light clothing)
If you have enjoyed the course, you can then join the club and the development section, developing further skills including how to cox.
For further details [lease contact: Lucy Preece at email@example.com